Sunday, March 6, 2011

Studio 106 Sketch Party

Marcia was the first visitor to walk in the door and our first sketching subject at Studio 106 last night. She was a great sport and a good model. I really liked my angle on this one and enjoyed sketching her.

I was just about finished when the belly dancing sisters, Twyla and Celina Dill, arrived and got into their gorgeous costumes. What a treat! We all did our best to capture them in motion with their skirts and beads flying. A challenge to say the least. The girls were just adorable and real troopers. They held what must have been a very uncomfortable pose until their arms were about to fall off! We found a few beads and bangles from their costumes when we cleaned up the studio today. Sweet.

Celina and Twyla Dill
Twyla Dill
Twyla and Celina Dill
I LOVE LANGLEY posted more photos of the event on facebook.

5 comments:

  1. You captured the flamboyance and action of the dancers along with the flowing colors of their skirts. The volunteer model has terrific facial bone structure and I found it really difficult to enhance her those features. I think you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lois. I had a good angle for capturing her bone structure, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Happy Trees. Glad you enjoyed the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you captured a likeness of all three gals. I really like the movement in Twyla's image. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete