Friday, July 9, 2010

Greenbank Farm Revisited


Stopped by Greenbank Farm on my way home from Coupeville this afternoon. I was planning to do more sketching back in the "secret garden," but there was a wedding going on. So, I found a picnic table under a big shade tree behind the Jim Davis house and tried to draw this scene with just paint. It was a wild sketching experience. Things got out of hand, the wind was blowing, I couldn't keep the paper flat, paint was drying before it hit the paper and I accidently emptied my dirty water on the sketch. Of course, I added ink in the end. My first experience painting in such windy conditions. I'll be adding clips to my travel art bag in future.

1 comment:

  1. This has a wonderful fresh quality. Breezy! Nice contrasts going. Not a bit of mud.

    ReplyDelete