Friday, October 15, 2010

Wednesday Sketching at Greenbank Farm

I hate drawing buildings. I hate all the tedious structural details you have to get just right or it won't fit together properly. I have 4 mistakes in this one. But I wanted to sit and chat with my buddies at the picnic table and it was either this view or the antique tractor, which looked even more complicated.


Sorry about the extra 15 years, Cathy. It's always a mistake to sit directly across from me. You're new. You'll learn. Apparently I won't, but I keep trying. I've been trying to get a flattering sketch of a fellow sketcher for almost a year!

4 comments:

  1. For hating drawing architecture, I'd say it doesn't show. You captured a nice sense the light. It's colorful, juicy and a pleasure to look at. I like your use of the black brush pen on the others. Quite dynamic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've captured lovely shadows across the colorful building that immediately caught my eye. It's really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kris and Lois. I'll stop whining now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shadows and colors are wonderful, Sue!

    ReplyDelete