Friday, October 1, 2010

A gathering of friends on Orcas Island


I just spent five magical days with a group of longtime friends at Denise's most beautiful "cabin" on Orcas Island. Each night was a spectacular sunset looking toward San Juan and Vancouver Islands. Think I could sketch this? Ha.


Just got a little color....then it was over! Each night was so different!

So I tried again in the quiet early morning light.
A little sketch....

And more spots of color in East Sound while enjoying a cup of spiced tea! Then on to the chocolate sampler shop........

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful sketches, Faye. It sounds like a lovely getaway. My favorite is the dress display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are wonderful sketches. I too, love the dresses. But I also enjoy the simplicity of the lamps.

    ReplyDelete