Saturday, November 16, 2013

Ebey Bowl & Greenbank Grille

I was excited to learn that Ebey Bowl is back! A colorful, kitschy, retro place -  it's a perfect venue for Whidbey Island Sketchers to spend an afternoon. The tasty "real" milkshakes served with whipped cream and a cherry on top were a bonus!

Kris told me she posts sketches that she doesn't like to give an honest account of what she produced at sketching. Not my best work, but in the interest of honesty, here are my sketches from Ebey Bowl yesterday.






Stayed into the evening to sketch with Kris at Greenbank Grille. Just like old times!

at the bar

Emily across the table
Camo Guy,  just in from hunting trip



5 comments:

  1. These are all great! Really love the first ebey bowl image. You're reminding me to bring more line variation into my drawings. You do it very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! I, too, love the first one. Nice color & loose lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the loosely layered lines and free colors. Makes me feel I'm there in the moment with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might not consider these your best work....but they are wonderful and have that loose, in the moment, juicy, free quality you bring to your work. Juicy flowing colors and great line work. I LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thank you guys! What would I do without you to cheer me on?

    ReplyDelete