Friday, August 23, 2013

"WHO PUT THOSE SHEEP IN THE VEGETABLE GARDEN?"

Today we accepted the Swanson Family's gracious invitation to sketch on the grounds of their incredible Glendale Shepherd farm in Clinton. After the adventure of finding my way down a mile long winding trail through deep virgin forest, I was greeted by Jet, the sheep herdin' sheep dog. I settled in to sketch while I waited for the others to find their way in through the trees. 
The main building on the grounds is a huge log home, with a wing dedicated to the cheese the Swansons produce here. My host told me that the building I was sketching used to be a horse barn, and the stalls now hold hay and supplies for the farm. There were sheep, but they were in the fields down below, and in the building behind me, so I used some "artistic license" to move a couple to a nearby pen (which was really a vegetable garden).

2 comments: