Monday, October 31, 2011

Magnolia Big Band at Anchor Pub

John on Bass
We had an absolute ball sketching at the historic Anchor Pub in Everett yesterday. The Magnolia Big Band was playing and everyone was so gracious and welcoming to the sketchers. The food was good, the music was great, the band was charming.And I got to meet one of my sketching idols, Gail Wong, a member of Seattle Urban Sketchers.

Max V. Irwin (V. is for Varmint)


And best of all, we got to meet the charming Max V. Irwin, an 85-year-old dancing fool and fan of Magnolia Big Band who showed up in hopes of a dance floor. I would have danced with him except (a) I don't know how and (b) I'm 6 inches tall than him. But I sketched his portrait instead. If you'd like a dance with Max, he'll be dancing at the Sons of Norway in Everett every Thursday afternoon!
Max with the lady sketchers

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun; wished I could have been there but had other commitments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John on bass is supurb. You really nail musicians!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John on base is fab. And the sketch above max.

    ReplyDelete