Monday, October 3, 2011

Wanings at Whidbey Island Winery

I count us lucky. The weather gods blessed us with one of our last nice days for sketching outdoors. We spent it at Whidbey Island Winery's beautiful park setting. There were peeks of sun and warmth, and with friends and wine, it made for a perfect day.
Besides the nice weather, the light is waning too. I think my Whidbey Island Winery sketch reflects it. I did a silly thing and chose a dark spot under a madrona to focus on.
Here are my sketches for the day...


After the winery Sue and I headed to Mo's for a few more sketches and a burger. I gravitated to the gentleman on the left because of his great profile. Unusual and handsome.
On the right... At times I get tired of drawing the backs of people. Oh well. It becomes more about the medium, light and composition.

 




















  

2 comments: