Friday, October 21, 2011

Winthrop and the Methow Valley

My birthday usually falls at the peak of fall foliage season. This year we headed for the Methow Valley for my birthday getaway to find some fall color and sunshine. It was our first family trip with Duncan, the dog, and we found a cabin on the Methow River that was perfect for us. Duncan did great.

I only had one day of sketching, but could have used several more. I was uber-inspired by everything around me. Everything on the other side of the mountains is just breathtaking this month. And Winthrop is so kitschy. I'm inspired to organize a sketchers' retreat in the Methow Valley next October as soon as the shoulder season rates go into effect. 5 nights, 4 days. Seriously.
The Methow River, right behind our cabin

Pearrygin Lake State Park
Sherry's Sweet Shop

Shafer Museum
Old Schoolhouse Brewery
For those of you who just can't get enough of my birthday (I'm milking it for all it's worth this year), Dan posted some photos of our trip on his facebook page.  http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.304971256186811.91835.100000218183963&type=1

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You were inspired. These are great. Makes me want to pack the car and go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign up for the October 2012 Methow Valley Sketchers' Retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make me third!! I love your sketches, Sue!! Great colors!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete