Monday, July 18, 2011

Splattering at the South Whidbey Commons

Good coffee and food, music, readings, local characters, comfortable seating and host to community groups has made the South Whidbey Commons one of Langley's crown jewels. It's friendly and friendly to we sketchers. Here's to the success of the Commons, ting!
I'm feeling quite rusty these days since sketching has taken a backseat to other endeavors. That's my excuse for this funky sloppy sketch. When all else fails throw paint at it. But I do like the splatters. Takes a little practice to get the brush load, aim and number of splats just right.



No splats here! A sketch of the warm and hospitable Mary, a Whidbey Island Sketcher. Thanks for having us to your beautiful yard garden!

1 comment:

  1. We all aspire to be as good as your "sloppy" work. And I agree about the Commons. It's a great place to meet and sketch and I plan to do more of it there this summer. Friday Night Live is always a good option.

    ReplyDelete