Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Learning to Sketch

I started sketching in October when I signed up for Faye Castle's travel and journal sketching class at Whidbey Island Fine Arts Studio in Langley. I am a 3-dimensional artist, but wanted to learn to see and think in a different way. These sketches were all class assignments.


1) Drawing from a still life arrangement


2) Drawing from a photograph - this was based on a tea-ceremony photo from a magazine


3) Drawing from life in a public place - Useless Bay Coffee Company.


3 comments:

  1. For being a novice sketcher, Sherryl, you do nice work. I have to mention your sculpture is WOW! Very beautiful. Organic and sensual musical instruments. You must post them to Flickr!

    Your other boss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been partial to that red pear. So voluptuous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pear is very nice. I really like the play of solid, soft and transparent qualities of the edge of the pear. And the washes inside are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete