Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Living Green, and Other Colors

We had our drawing session at Living Green in Langley, Washington, this morning. Brrr. A chilly morning. We warmed up with hot Chai and started in. Watercolors were the course of the day. It's a colorful place with lots to draw. Part store, part cafe, with wood floors and charm. The little watercolor of Sue tells the color story. I think I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the visual stuff, but managed to get a couple drawings I like.



6 comments:

  1. Love the drawings almost as much as the title. You continue to impress me, Kris! How about posting some sketches from our other sessions at Useless Bay Coffee and Mukilteo Coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I getting to bossy? Just tell me to back off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not in the least. I need a kick anyways. I wanted to post more images too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Kris, that's a priceless sketch of Sue. You've captured perfectly the artist at work. Everywhere we go, she pulls out her sketchbook and peers at strangers over the rim of her glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Dan. She is the "sketching maniac" alright. A wonderful subject. Stays still. And her nose has great structure.

    ReplyDelete