Friday, January 11, 2013

WHIDBEY ANIMAL STAR QUICKIES



Away from my painting studio for a week of hypnotherapy training, racing out the door for a 6 a.m. boat, I quickly grabbed old tubes of acrylic paints, brushes, and a pad.  An odd assortment of colors and lacking important ones, this is what I have to work with.  I decided to "debrief" after intense hypnotherapy sessions by doing fun "quickies" ... studies for my oil paintings of some of the Whidbey Animal Stars.  So fun to paint with the wrong colors, an unfamiliar medium, on cheap paper, in a loose carefree spontaneous style.  Nothing serious about it!  Thought I'd share it with the Sketchers as I missed sketching with them today.  The first, "Snickers" is half painting/half sketching.  The other two, "Wendy" the kitty and "Boofie in Snow" are acrylic Quikkie paintings.  A million thanks to the owners of the Whidbey Animal Star models.

4 comments:

  1. These are great! That Calico is my cup of tea. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these too! Especially the calico. Looks like your project is getting off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete