Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Butterfly

I received some very sad news this week.  So, all I could do at sketchers' on Friday was rework a butterfly I did months ago by adding more lines around the butterfly.   Thank goodness there are no rules with the Whidbey Island Sketchers....and this group feeds my soul.  There is something about putting yourself (my artwork) out there that makes me feel grateful to find within myself a simple kind of courage.    Mary Lawson

In loving memory of Christopher Scott Hobbs

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sue, Thanks.....I hope this is a start of more to come.
      Pen to paper. Mary

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful, you're beautiful and,I am sure, he was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet friend. Such a beautiful butterfly; such lovely words. You are one of the biggest gifts of WISK. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisbeth, Thank you for your kind words. Back at you.....I love your generosity, energy......and of course your fabulous sketches. Hope to see you soon. Mary

    ReplyDelete