Thursday, April 28, 2011

La Conner Field Day

McLean Road Tulips
Yesterday was the much awaited - Skagit Valley Tulip Festival and joint summit of Anacortes Sketchers and Whidbey Island Sketchers! The wind and rain put a bit of a crimp in our tulip field sketching plans, but we each got in a sketch or two from the shelter of our cars.
House plants at Christianson's Nursery








We moved on to Christianson's Nursery for some indoor sketching. Being a lazy sketcher, I settled into a comfy rocking chair in an out-of-the-way corner and just drew what was before me. I was comfortable, but missed out on all the vibrant colors everyone else was capturing. Green with envy, I guess. Nyuk, nyuk.
Wine display at Hellam's Vineyard

Onward to Hellam'sVineyard where we enjoyed the hospitality of the lovely and talented Anacortes Sketchers. We love our sister sketchers to the North!
"Slice of Lisbeth" at Hellam's




The lovely Faye!
Pat drove us home.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a wonderful time! Great sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kimberly! I get such a kick out of the fact that someone I don't even know stops by and leaves a comment from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue - your "slice of Lisbeth" composition is a very sneaky way to get away without drawing a face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I am SO BUMMED that I missed this!! It looks like you had a marvelous time, and OF COURSE, the sketches are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great memories! Did you bring home the bottle holder?

    ReplyDelete