Friday, April 1, 2011

File under 'B' for Bodacious

File under 'B' for big, burly, bodacious blob of a bear.

Sold! I took this cool candle holder home with me!

Really struggled with this big shaggy bear sitting atop a metal file cabinet at Community Thrift. When I got done, you could barely tell he was a bear. And you'd have no clue he was actually white! I wisely snagged the elephant candle holder before Sherryl arrived. She has a knack for zeroing in the coolest kitsch in the store. (Remember Hula Fish?) Sketched it, bought it.

3 comments:

  1. Love that elephant candle holder and your sketch of it. I don't think you'll see another one like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cool! I love the bold statement the candle holder makes! And if you can't tell the bear is a bear, you CAN tell he is a big, soft cuddly critter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love'em! Cool candle holder. I'd like to see a sketch of it in it's new home, lit up.

    ReplyDelete