Saturday, December 2, 2017

Whidbey Doughnuts

On November 24th, we (ummm... actually I was the only Sketcher to show up on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving!!!) had a table reserved at Whidbey Doughnuts, the new food place at Bayview.  I sketched a Christmas sprinkled blueberry doughnut and then ate it.  The place was quite busy - a social gathering place - with folks eating in and also carrying out.  It's a doughnut shop but with an extensive menu of all sorts of breakfast and lunch delights, even a salad which I'll try next time being the veggie nut that I am.  For me, an extra delightful bonus was meeting the owners, Scott and Sean (and their sweet nephew who's name escapes me ... sorry!).  They were lovely, gracious & great conversationalists (we talked mostly about films).  I highly recommend everyone plan a Whidbey Doughnuts breakfast, brunch or lunch!  Sorry about the quality of this image ... this paper is too thin for my purposes.  Next week I'll use better paper and you'll see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment