Sunday, July 3, 2016

Kangs' Lavender Farm

We love to go to the Kangs' lavender fields, but somehow I never draw the lavender. The fields of lavender are overwhelmingly beautiful and seem impossible to capture. This year I found a lovely vignette with a birch tree riddled with woodpecker holes, in the center of a bed of frothy pink flowers with the lavender fields and tree line in the background.  It's one of those sketches that I hated when I finished it because it was so overworked and busy and I despaired that I still don't know how to simplify.  But I like it better today. I feel this vignette tells the story of Kay Kang's artistic vision and beautiful soul. It's full of life, light, color, movement and whimsy. It's growing on me.


1 comment:

  1. cynthia winzenriedJuly 7, 2016 at 7:49 PM

    I love the tree branches - beautiful expressive lines!

    ReplyDelete