Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Mindblowing Art

Whidbey Island constantly amazes me.  We have so much natural beauty all around us and artists galore.  Then, one day you go to a Gallery hidden in the woods, with a Tower and magical, spiritual beings, carved from cedar, cut from metal, with parts that show the outer and then the inner face of life and death.  These life size beings surprised and awed our group so much so that we couldn't talk normally.  It was if we were in a church.  We were welcomed with cookies and coffee and told to enjoy and explore, but we were afraid to touch so many of the pieces.  I just finally explored the blog of Jerry Wennstrom, In the hands of Alchemy.  Check it out and be prepared to meet a genius, the next time I go and I hope it is soon, I will be more adventurous.  Pat
I loved the shape of this woman balancing on the back of a turtle.  I didn't have enough space to protray the turtle!


I learned on the web that this face opens to another and another face underneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment