Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Driftwood at Double Bluff

It was hot, sunny and crowded with beach goers at Double Bluff Beach last Friday. I found a big beautiful pile of driftwood to draw, artfully arranged by someone, no doubt. It's easy  to get lost in a pile like this. I love all the colors, shapes, holes and textures I see in driftwood. And the idea that each piece of wood has a story and and a journey that we will never know.  I took me a long time to draw it, long enough to get a third degree burn on my back where I couldn't reach with the sunscreen.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done. I love all the colors in the wood. Hope your sunburn has healed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate. I have plans to go back and draw some of the incredible driftwood forts/clubhouses people have built on the beach, armed with much sun protection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is essential Double Bluff, Sue! Great sketch, love the crow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shows how much more accomplished you are after some classes, I think; just great!

    ReplyDelete