Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Granville Island People and Pigeons

This guy and his family arrived on bikes. I was all set to draw the musician performing but there was Joe with his leg propped up. One of the kids was interested in my drawing and asked a lot of questions so I gave him a Whidbey Island Sketchers card. When the family got ready to leave, he asked "Is it okay if we move our bikes, Sue?" Cracked me up.

Pigeon Man
This drawing doesn't begin to describe the scene created by this man feeding the pigeons. They were all over his body at times and thick on the ground around him. Dozens of them. He got disgusted with the kids kicking and chasing his pigeons and got up and left before I captured the whole incredible scene.

1 comment:

  1. I love the top image. The composition, use of negative/positive space, color palette, patterns and textures are wonderful. Abstract and fauve-like to me. The pigeon is is neat too.

    ReplyDelete