Monday, June 7, 2010

Whidbey Camano Land Trust Event in Crockett Barn

I attended the Whidbey Camano Land Trust Conservation Partner Event in the historic Crockett Barn Saturday night and did some quick sketches during the program. This is my favorite kind of sketching. I really get in the zone and don't stress about the results. It's just a sketch.



By the way, Whidbey Camano Land Trust is a remarkable nonprofit organization doing an amazing of job protecting our open spaces and working  to keep Whidbey Island as beautiful as it is. Right now they are pressing hard against a June 10 deadline to raise $4.2 million to save 600+ contiguous acres of Whidbey woods from development north of Freeland. I hope they make it. Give if you can. I'd love to see Whidbey Island Sketchers do an art project someday in support of the Land Trust.

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to participate in the art project for the land trust a worthy cause. I like your sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kris & Lois. I've been thinking that our Whidbey Pie Cafe show in September might be the venue for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm for it!! The only difficult part for me would be that Bill/I are to trailer to Nova Scotia around that time. I would like to be of help in planning and hanging the paintings.

    ReplyDelete