Thursday, June 17, 2010

Downtown Langley

I learned that it's not always the best idea to try to sketch a local icon because everyone knows exactly what it looks like and when the sketch doesn't exactly match, well...  Ok, took a little artistic license, but here goes:  The Dog House.


Always nice to end a sketching session over wine with fellow sketchers.  I liked the quote from Prima Bistro's menu:

"I think it is a great error to consider a heavy tax on wines as a tax on luxury.  On the contrary, it is a tax on the health of our citizens."
~ Thomas Jefferson

2 comments:

  1. It's still recognizable as the Doghouse regardless of the number of windows. It's a charming drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the ears/wings? I love your Jefferson quote. Never heard that before.

    ReplyDelete