Saturday, September 27, 2014

Autumn Sketching at My House

Autumnal Crow

On Thursday I was sitting at my office in Seattle, and Phyllis called my cell phone.  "Barb!  It's urgent ... we need a place to sketch!  It's gonna be raining, and it's gonna be a small sketcher group.  Faye's in Tuscany, Mary's in Paris, others are yonder ... and we need a cozy comfy place.  Can we sketch at your place?" "Oh, yes!"  I LOVE hosting the sketchers.  Such a fun, warm, talented group.  "Tell folks to bring something to add to an autumnal still life," I suggested. I swung by Trader Joe's where they had these awesome heritage pumpkins and together we set up an incredible still life on my dining table. Phyllis and Sherryl brought a huge tray of Mexican food from Patron's, everyone brought wine, gourds, squashes, and even a crow for the still life.  It poured cats and dogs outside, but we had a big fire in the wood stove and created a little slice of heaven.  Welcome, Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment