Friday, October 26, 2012

River Run Inn

When I stayed at River Run Inn in Winthrop last October and discovered there was a spacious guest house available, it was a no-brainer. I knew it would be the perfect place for a girlfriend  trip. I nailed down our reservations last February to make sure we got the house.  It was three days of pure fun - eating, drinking, making merry and art.

Note: I had fun punching up the intensity of  these images with a Picassa effect called "Lomo-ish".

Pomegranates and Red Onion: Our dining table was a perpetual source of still life arrangements.



The view from my window: Ponderosa Pines and Aspens by the river

Faye painting just outside our house

Our cozy hearth: A great place to warm up from the cold outdoors

2 comments:

  1. Whatever you did to punch up the color intensity in Picassa, the palette really works for me. Love it.

    --Loyal fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. That stove is glowing! There's a wonderful play between the line and ethereal color. Love the sketch of the tree and birdhouse.

    ReplyDelete