Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sketching on Granville Island BC


The sun was shining, the water was sparkling, it was our second day sketching on Granville Island. I knew I had to sketch the Aqua Bus because it was so cute and so efficient...it was our major mode of transportation. I had no idea I would sketch as much as I did. But Joshua Minsky, the busker who was singing, simply swept me away with his voice and my hand could not quit moving. That was the peak moment of our sketcher trip to BC for me. A close second was when Faye and I moved inside and happened to sit next to the pie shoppe, Ala Mode. There was the lemon meringue pie. Right there. How could I not? So I sketched and savored. On the other hand....the discussion on the train when we tried to figure out who owed who how much money was pretty hilarious. The train ride home in our private car with our wine was exquisite. Sketchers rule. Really!

1 comment:

  1. As always, your impressions are beautiful. The imperfections are perfect! I love your loose handling of the mediums.

    ReplyDelete