Thursday, June 16, 2011

Big Day of Sketching

12:30 pm: Maxwelton Valley Cow (#11?)
Yesterday was a full day of sketching for me. I headed out at noon to do the Rural Whidbey Sketch Rally Challenge sketches and kept sketching through lunch, drinks and dinner at China City and book club!

I found cows on Maxwelton Road for "Something with 2 eyes and a Tail" and a rusty old truck on Double Bluff for "Something Rusty."  "Something Odd"?  . . . it was supposed to be the lower half of a man's body stick out from the open hood of the rusty truck, but it doesn't show up in the sketch. So, how about a guy taking a nap in Timbuktu at 2 in the afternoon? I found it odd that he wasn't snoring . . .
12:30 pm: More Maxwelton Valley Cows
 
2:30 pm: Rusty Truck on Double Bluff Road

2 pm: Lunch and a sketch of a napping patron at Timbuktu Coffee in Freeland

4 pm: Sketchers meet-up at China City. (Jay and Cathy)
7 pm: My book group meets on Wednesday evenings.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the top cow. There's something wonderful about it & I love the loose lines. Also particularly fond of the barn scene because of the front uncolored cow -- totally makes it a great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Maxwelton Valley barn/cow are terrific and I love the old truck with all the character, rust, old paint and dents tucked into the bushes just like you see them on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lisbeth and Lois. I was happy with my sketching that day.

    ReplyDelete